Monday, June 29, 2009

Guys' Summertime Kimono

Here is the boy's Yukata!

When I went to the fireworks festival in Mito, I saw some Japanese guys wearing Yukata.

They looked really handsome and gallant no matter how old they are.

The design of guys' Yukata is much simpler than girls' Yukata. The simplicity of guys' Yukata might create the image of traditional
Japanese men - like Samurai, perhaps.

I always impressed by my male friends who know how to wear Yukata by himself. Not many Japanese men know how to wear
kimono these days. It is very sad fact that Japanese have gradually
lost own culture and traditions.

I believe that people wearing Yukata at the summer festivals is very important part of the traditional Japanese scenery which need to be kept alive and passed down through generations.








* The pictures are from google images and kuishinbou meou.




1 comment:

  1. The Yukatas look great. Do you know a online store where you can order them. I just to find Youhu yakutas on the web, but couldn't find anything. It's difficult to find good quality as most yakutas I found are of lower quality (material is thin, uncomfortable to wear)

    ReplyDelete