Monday, July 13, 2009

Kimono + Green tea (抹茶)


The Japanese tea ceremony is very famous part of Japanese culture!



Unfortunately, unlike my mother, I haven't had chance to learned the traditional tea ceremony. Although I don't know the tea ceremony etiquette, I have enjoyed its rich and bitter taste of "Matcha,"powdered green tea, since I was a kid.




In Japan, I used to drink "Matcha" at a Japanese restaurant. These day, people can enjoy Matcha anywhere. Well, perhaps it would be better if I could drink Matcha at the special tea ceremony room, though. Well, maybe someday... when I go to Kyoto in Japan.






By the way, the Japanese tea ceremony is also called sadō or chadō, or chanoyu, meaning "hot water for tea" in Japanese. It is a multifaceted traditional activity in which matcha is ceremonially prepared and served.


The Wearing of kimono is associated with many of the movements and components of tea ceremony. Although today it is not uncommon for students to wear western clothes for practice, most will practice in kimono at least some of the time because it is essential to learn the prescribed motions properly.
Reese Witherspoon, my one of the favorite actresses, also enjoyed the Japanese tea ceremony as she wore beautiful kimono on her visit in Japan!

More detail information about the Japanese tea ceremony, here is the web site...




*Pictures are from Google image, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment