Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Yukata + Nail Arts

Like many other Japanese girls, I am falling love with nail art.


I remember that it was very hard to make an appointment at the nail salon during the summer festival season in Japan. Many Japanese girls made plan to put nail art on their fingernails and toenails to prepare for summer festival.


The design of Japanese nail art is very delicate and in a tiny print.













Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to enjoy nail art since I came to the U.S.
I know there are some nail salon in Berkeley or San Francisco, but I have never been motivated to go to any of those salons.

I simply love and trust the way how Japanese nail artists decorate my fingernails.

Japanese nail art is absolutely beautiful and creative.
I am sure that too much decoration won't allow me to cook or type keybord, but I can not stop loving the great artworks!



Last year, I sent the latest magazine of a special edition about Japanese nail art collection to my American host sister for her birthday. She is also a nail art lover, so she was sooooo excited to see all sorts of collection of Japanese nail arts. She told me that she wished to try some of the nail designs when she visits me in Japan.

By the way, some Japanese girls also love to decorate their celluar phone, too!













Today, nail art has become part of new cultures among Japanese girls.




For more picture of Japanese nail art, I found websites as following;
http://www.es-shibuya.com/nailart/japanese/

* It's Japanese website but you can see variety of artworks!!






* Pictures are from Google image

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    A trend crazed person like me rarely misses out on updates like these. I have made use of this Japanese nail art and I can say that I love its feel that it gives on me and on my fingers. Having to go and spend my weekend in a nail salon has been a routine for me.

    ReplyDelete