Wednesday, July 15, 2009

kimono + kids

There is special years for Japanese kids to enjoy wearing kimono.















We call the children's event as "Shichi-Go-San" in Japanese.

It is a traditional festival cerebrating three and seven year-old girls and five year-old boys.
Parents drees their kids with colorful kimono and take them to the shrines to play for kids' good future health.
I remember that I wore the sky blue kimono with flower prints for my seven year-old cerebration. I felt so proud of myself wearing the kimono, but I still remember that my special Japanese wooden flip flap, called "Geta," was very tiny and hurt my feet. It was cute flip flap, though.
Other than wearing kimono, I also looked forward to eating "Chitose-Ame" which given at a shrine on Shichi-Go-San.
Chitose-Ame is long, thin red and white candy, which symbolizes healthy growth and longevity. The special candy is given in a bag on which has the picture of a crane and a turtle, which represent the symbol of long life.
The candy was only for kids, so I don't remember the taste. However, I still remember that it was irresistible tasty...I believe that still many Japanese kids love eating "Chitose-Ame" at their cerebration.



Shichi-Go-San is one of the cutest children's cerebration in Japan.


More information, you can access to the following line;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shichi-Go-San


*Pictures are from Google image

No comments:

Post a Comment